Search This Blog:    HIV   MPOX

DeutschEspañolFrançaisItaliano

 


I've grown old with HIV. I don't fear the virus any more, I fear the stigma

I've grown old with HIV. I don't fear the virus any more, I fear the stigma
- How different to today. Public Health England has reported the first sign of an end to the HIV epidemic in gay and bisexual men since it began all those years ago. There has been a 32% drop in new HIV diagnoses among gay men in London. This is remarkable and something I never thought I would see in my lifetime.
As 1987 rolled around, my daily routine became going to work then straight to the hospital to see Brian. We had regular visits from a volunteer from the Terrence Higgins Trust’s buddy scheme, which had been supporting people for four years by then. Our “buddy” became a friend and a huge support to us both. It was amazing how the community rallied to help.

Top stories of the last 30 days